Monday, August 4, 2014

Lightning Does Strike Twice!

Hello Everyone!
I'm going to start of today with a little picture.

This is one of the chimneys on my house!  Last week we got struck by lightning in the middle of the night!! It totally fried most of our electronics, pool equipment, garage door opener, one of the air conditioners, and probably more, let alone it scared the jeepers out of us!!!  We are still discovering things that don't work.  But!!!   No fire! The house is still standing! Praise the Lord, we are all safe.  It could have been pretty bad.  You had better believe we are counting our blessings!!! The crazy thing is, this will be the third time we will be replacing a chimney due to weather!  WOW!!! Lightning does strike twice!!!
Needless to say, it has taken some patience as we get everything up and running again.  I have the hardest working "do it yourselfer" type hubby!!  He has been at it for days!!! First up, was the all important computer network.  Took some doin, but he did it!!!  Thanking God for my sweetie!!!
All this got me to thinking about some of my school units. I decided that I needed to "strike again" with my beginning of the year unit on "Me and My School." It included some downloads using "David Goes to School."  That is still one of my favs to start the year. I also love "Chrysanthemum" and "Stand Tall Molly Lou Melon." So... I went ahead and cleaned up and combined the three books into one unit.











The unit is about 55 pages long with poems, chants, reader's response, hands on visual, posters, bubblemaps, and puzzles. These ideas were successful the first couple times around, so, let's strike again!!
You can get your download if you STRIKE HERE!!! :) 

OOPS! Gotta go! The air conditioner guy is here!  YAY!!
It's all good!! 
Thanks for stopping by!! Don't forget to leave a comment and let me know if you can use this unit, or if you need anything else.  Up next? Sight Words, I Can's, and a few more things!!

Joyfully!
Nancy





10 comments:

  1. You are so right! It is a blessing the house didn't catch fire! Thank you for the wonderful things you share on your blog! I'm a new follower and so grateful for all the wonderful units on your site! Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a kind heart! I, too, am a new follower and I am grateful for the wonderful ideas you share! Have a great school year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you and your family are safe and that your house is on the mend. Thanks so much for sharing. I love all of these stories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are all okay! We had lightning hit our back yard and it wiped out a bunch of electronics. I can't imagine how loud that had to be. Thank you for sharing your work as always. You are so positive - what a great role model for us fellow teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for your adventures with lightning, but thank you for following the jolt into thinking about school. And thank you for sharing. I will be teaching 1st grade this year after seven in 2nd!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Geez, I'm so sorry about your house. How scary!! Thank you for sharing your wonderful ideas. I really appreciate your creative lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about your chimney! Just wanted to thank you for being so generous with your resources! I LOVE them and use them quite often! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so want to use this resource but for some reason it will not open. It shows as a blank page. At my school computer it keeps saying trying to download. Is there another way I can get it? Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anonymous! If you send me your e-mail I can send the unit directly to you! You can e-mail me at nancyvb1@gmail.com
      Hope this helps!!
      Joyfully!
      Nancy

      Delete
  9. That's awful! However, you're right! Thank goodness there was no fire! Thank you for sharing your wonderful ideas!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!